Shoebox Full of Love Homeless Appeal is a great way to introduce corporate social responsibility to your workplace, whilst bringing love and joy into the lives of homeless and vulnerable people of Merseyside.
Ways you can get involved:
- Hold a departmental shoebox challenge and see which department can fill the most boxes. Alternatively, work together and each bring a gift to contribute – then see how many shoeboxes you can fill.
- Host a lunch or coffee morning or an event. Employees and customers can bring empty shoeboxes and filler items.
- Become a Drop Off Point for the shoeboxes or help process and check the boxes for distribution as a team at our holding centre.
- Circulate an e-mail or memo explaining the project and how to get involved. Make sure to include a link to our website.
- Instead of getting your employees to do Secret Santa, ask them to each bring a shoebox filled with items.
As an individual
We’re getting closer to our deadline date so here are all of our volunteering opportunities and what to do….
We need volunteer collection drivers, donation sorters and checkers, and delivery drivers on the following days at Rent A Space, 9 Dunningsbridge Road, Liverpool, L30 6UU.
Monday 12th December 9-5pm
Tuesday 13th December 9-5pm
Wednesday 14th December 9-5pm
Thursday 15th December 9-5pm
Friday 16th December 9-5pm
Saturday 17th December 9-4pm
Sunday 18th December-10-2pm
SORTERS/CHECKERS– Please email day/s and time you will be attending so we can allocate people to sections etc.
COLLECTION DRIVERS– Please email area/drop off point you can collect from to bring to the unit and what day and time this would be.
DELIVERY DRIVERS– Please email days/times you are available to deliver the completed donations to recipient organisations etc.
(If you are coming with some friends let me know names and numbers as well as days and times.)
If you or your company would like to get involved, just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07887 741 973.
EVERY LITTLE HELPS!